You have had your share of starting new projects, leading them through ups and downs to successful launch. You’ve also seen a few go wrong and learned from it. You’ve written great code and led technology teams. You are a strong individual contributor, but even stronger with a small army of talented and fun developers. You like to hustle and get things done. If this is you, we would love to talk to you!
We are looking for a strong technical leader to focus on managing our lean and mean software development teams, enforcing best practices and overseeing day to day execution. Don’t worry, there is plenty of opportunity to roll up your sleeves and show off your ability to get things done with code.
Most projects are built on top of Microsoft .NET with heavy emphasis on ASP.NET MVC. Strong knowledge of SQL and SQL Server environment as well as ORMs is desired. You will also manage projects running on Amazon AWS and those using MongoDB. Finally, you should be software business savvy and be able to pick up complex business domains.
What you’ll be doing:
- Day to day management of all software developers
- Ensuring that we always keep shipping software
- Making reasonable trade-offs
- Facilitating software code reviews and unit testing
- Removing roadblocks, keep the team efficient and happy
- Participating in Architecture and Design Meetings – make tough calls
- Stepping in when needed, and write great code
- Proposing creative solutions to big problems
- Keeping an eye on tech. ops
- Always learning and making sure the team does the same!
- Being a solid partner to the Product Management team
- Having Fun!
What you’ll need:
- Required: BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Desired: MBA / Advanced Tech. Degree
- Demonstrated experience developing (incl. architecture & design), managing, supporting (in Production) large-scale SaaS products
- Tech: Microsoft .Net, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, AWS / Azure
- Experience with Lean Development Process
- Desire to build new shiny things while supporting / upgrading existing software assets
- Team Management experience (2+ years)
- Comfort with High Risk / Huge Reward projects
- Experience scaling technology and software teams
- Great communication skills / Plenty of common sense
- You know what “Gang of Four” is and know how to apply their principles
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of a collaborative, creative environment, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘Associate Director, Software Development’ in the subject line.