MediaRadar is a cloud-based ad sales information service. We help websites, magazines, television networks, and newspapers dramatically improve ad sales and client management. MediaRadar provides its clients with detailed brand analysis and prospecting reports on over 2.6 million brands, culling advertising and editorial insights from more than 16,000 media properties. We help to give our more than 1600 clients a competitive edge by empowering their Sales Teams to enhance and streamline their sales processes using our unique SaaS platform service.
We are seeking a pro-active and accountable Lead DevOps Engineer with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The Lead DevOps Engineer is responsible for continuous delivery of SaaS services, improving developer efficiency, and platform health. The ideal candidate is always on the hunt to reduce risk, prevent technical debt, introduce and promote best practices, and manage cost.
What you’ll do:
- Management of Source Control (git), Dev Process Management tools (Atlassian), servers (local & cloud)
- Provision and manage machines and VMs locally and in the cloud
- Implement platform automation projects (deployment, data management)
- Monitor and audit system performance, security
- Report issues, concerns, successes to team & management
- Respond to urgent issues
- Document processes and environment configuration
- Search out new tools and technologies to improve status quo. Perform buy vs. build analysis
- Measure everything
- Train development, product and QA teams on best practices
- Follow industry standards and keep current on industry advancements
What you’ll need to know:
- Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, HipChat)
- Linux & Windows OS
- Scripting language(s). Ex: python, ruby, window shell script
- CI implementation
- Unit testing / TDD
- Web scalability techniques, proxies, CDN, DNS
- Web and cloud security
- Cloud Providers: AWS, Rackspace
- Monitoring: NewRelic, PagerDuty
- Preferred: Microsoft .Net Stack, SQL Server, MongoDB
- Vendor Management
At MediaRadar, employees are encouraged to have fun and develop strong relationships with their peers. Employees love to spend their free time playing ping-pong and socializing with co-workers in and out of the office, whether at happy hours or volunteer events. Team members also strengthen their bonds at holiday functions and monthly office parties, and they enjoy great perks like Bagel Wednesdays and early release on Fridays during the summer. We also offer fantastic career progression, training and development, and a great benefits package that includes a competitive salary, first-rate health insurance, 401K, and transit discounts.
Check out what it’s like to work with our awesome team here: http://muse.cm/1Mt0NCg
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of a collaborative, creative environment, please APPLY NOW.