You are an energetic, motivated individual looking to join a dynamic team as an Entry Level Accountant. You’ll work closely with our Accounting Manager and will be responsible for all areas of accounting including, but not limited to, A/R, A/P, collection calls, financial analysis and general ledger maintenance. You’ll also play an active role in the month-end close activities including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, credit card coding and analysis, workpaper preparation and special projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assume ownership of the Accounts Receivable Collections process. This entails reaching out to customers with a past due balance, reviewing aging reports and developing a collections strategy for each customer, minimizing company losses due to unpaid invoices, and maintaining relationship with the collections attorney.
- Assume ownership of the Accounts Payable department. This entails timely processing and payment of invoices, accurately coding and entering data into QuickBooks, and resolving escalated issues from employees and vendors.
- Credit card management – coding, analysis and journal entry preparation.
- Prepare detailed support schedules and analysis for various balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis e.g. accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, deferrals, and fixed assets.
- Assist in preparing customer invoices.
- Provides support during the year end audit.
- Produce standard and ad hoc financial reports.
- Identify areas for process improvements and develop efficiencies.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 1-3 years of solid, progressive accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Experience performing collections activities is required – collection calls, email follow ups, etc.
- Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables, vlookups) & QuickBooks.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and technical skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-starter, proactive with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to adapt to new roles and responsibilities as the company evolves.
- Anxious to learn, contribute to our growth and of utmost importance, demonstrate that you are developing your skills so that you can move into areas of greater responsibility.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of a collaborative, creative environment, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘Entry-Level Accountant’ in the subject line.