Sales Operations Director
We are a fiercely innovative company that’s transforming ad sales for media companies. We offer best-in-class, industry-leading technology that helps ad sales teams make more money. MediaRadar is like a Bloomberg terminal, for an ad sales rep. We tell the rep who to prospect for and provide a detailed dossier of insight on how to improve their pitch.
We have satisfied paying customers who love our products. From household names like NBC and The Wall Street Journal to industry specialists like the Journal of the American Medical Association, and online powerhouses like Facebook.
The MediaRadar Sales Operations Director will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and will be responsible for executing sales strategy to continue the rapid growth of the company. Responsibilities include analyzing large data sets from Salesforce and an internal CRM system to make recommendations on process improvement, sales rep performance, and growth opportunities.
This role will also be active in identifying new target markets and accounts for the sales team to pursue. The Sales Operations Director is responsible for managing the sales reporting processes for the teams and providing both regular and custom sales reports to company leadership. The environment will be fast–paced, highly analytical, and entrepreneurial as we test, refine and implement new approaches to lead generation for both the new and established products.
This role requires a thorough understanding and familiarity with the company’s systems to drive optimal use of the sales reporting infrastructure to develop and track our best prospects and campaigns. You will receive training on Salesforce, Hubspot, and other internal tool sets that we use at MediaRadar. The Sales Operations Director will also track and report on existing customers and contracts.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm.
- Develops territory assignments/optimization to maximize sales productivity including assessment of existing book of business, market size and total addressable market across segments, roles, and industries.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources by aligning existing and prospective accounts by geography, account type, and market segment, coordinating with all internal stakeholders.
- Apply statistical analysis to identify the top new business prospects and candidates for various types of upsell and cross-sell initiatives.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed. Manage special projects, as needed, by the business to help drive sales performance.
- Implements/improves enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs. Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with marketing operations to develop, measure and monitor shared sales and marketing process
- A Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of business experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to analyze large data sets and provide insights and recommendations to executive leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Strong business judgment
- Experience working with a high-performing sales organization
- Strong, detailed knowledge of enterprise and mid-sized business sales cycles; previous experience in a sales role is a plus
- Prior experience developing and managing sales rep account lists a plus
Check out what it's like to work with our awesome team here: http://muse.cm/1Mt0NCg
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, first-rate health insurance, including vision and dental, 401K with match and transit discounts and a comfortable, informal office with a friendly atmosphere. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. We are located just a few blocks from Penn Station and Herald Square.