MediaRadar offers comprehensive advertising analysis for over 3.1 million brands across multiple media platforms including TV, digital, mobile, email, events, social media, and print. Our 2200+ ad tech & media company clients enjoy the unmatched quality and award-winning customer service that helps them identify sales opportunities, create bulletproof pitches, and get the most from every sale.
The Assistant Controller will play a pivotal role as a member of the accounting and finance team of a rapidly growing SaaS company. The Assistant Controller will focus on month end close, workpaper review and preparation, financial statement prep, audit documentation and preparation of commission and bonus calculations. You will lead and empower a small (but growing), collaborative finance team, and be responsible for overseeing accounting policies, procedures, and controls to ensure reporting is compliant with GAAP and company guidelines. You will manage the close process to ensure accurate and timely financial closes. The ability to be hands-on and actively support the accounting team with day-to-day tasks is critical in this role. The ability to work well with others and manage multiple projects is required.
What You'll Do:
- Manage, supervise, and mentor the accounting team.
- Direct all aspects of the accounting cycle including invoicing/accounts receivable and collections, purchasing/accounts payable and disbursements, commission and bonus calculations under ASC 606, revenue recognition, workpaper preparation, and the monthly closing process.
- Ensure transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed/approved, and supported in accordance with company policies, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Evaluate and update internal controls, accounting policies, and procedures to ensure the accounting operations are optimized.
- Assist in the consolidation and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Manage the annual financial audit and audit workpaper preparation.
- Drive continuous improvement in accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, sales & use taxes.
- Build strong working partnerships with internal teams, external vendors, and customers.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of accounting experience combined with 2-4 years in a management role with at least 3 direct reports.
- Mid-sized company experience - preferably from a SaaS/technology background.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or commensurate experience required
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP, and the ability to perform technical accounting research as-needed.
- A blend of public accounting and private company experience. A CPA designation is a plus.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience/Proficiency with NetSuite, Salesforce, Avalara.
- Expert level Excel skills including the use of Pivot tables and V-Lookup functionality
In addition to career progression, training and development, and an excellent work/life balance, future Radarians can expect a great benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Transit Discounts
- Summer Fridays
- Base compensation for this role is $130k base plus annual bonus
At MediaRadar, employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and develop strong relationships with their peers. While working remotely through the pandemic, we've grown closer and stronger by sharing our new home offices & home office coworkers (both human and animal!), as well as being open and discussing mental wellness and self-care during a challenging time. Employees love to connect with virtual happy hours, themed parties, talent shows and bingo nights. Our engaged Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Team meets frequently to create and roll out initiatives, events, and strategies to keep MediaRadar a welcoming and inclusive place. We’ve won Stevie Awards for Client Service and have been named to Mogul’s Best Places for Millennial Women to Work for the past two years.
Check out what it's like to work with our awesome team here: http://muse.cm/1Mt0NCg