Senior Software Engineer
MediaRadar is a cloud-based ad sales information service. We help websites, magazines, television networks, and newspapers dramatically improve ad sales and client management. MediaRadar provides its clients with detailed brand analysis and prospecting reports on over 4.1 million brands, culling advertising and editorial insights from more than 16,000 media properties. We help to give our more than 2200 clients a competitive edge by empowering their Sales Teams to enhance and streamline their sales processes using our unique SaaS platform service.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a lean and agile team of experienced software engineers? Do you want to work with new technologies and platforms, and have both the ability and strong desire to take on individual assignments and complete them soup to nuts? MediaRadar may be the place for you!
Please read through the full description below for responsibilities and requirements.
At MediaRadar your work as an engineer is guaranteed to make a large impact on the trajectory of our company; and we hope you can bring your expertise and enthusiasm to help us continue to grow into the future.
Who you are
You are a passionate software engineer looking to join a strong development team. You’re an experienced problem solver with strong hunches – more often right than wrong – about engineering problems and their solutions. A constant learner, you’re a continuous contributor to the team IQ level. You’ve got the ability to take on individual assignments and complete them soup to nuts. You pride yourself on good architecture, writing good code, and delivering software that gets the job done and makes people’s lives better and easier.
You’ll be responsible for the following software feature activities:
- Shared responsibility in the Design, Architecture and Planning of a feature
- Ensure that the proper “plumbing” is in place for the given feature
- Analyze complexity
- Implementation (i.e. coding) of a feature in both a vertical fashion (i.e UI, Business Layer, Database Access and Schema Design, External Interfaces, Unit Tests, Integration Tests) or horizontal fashion (micro-service architecture, service monitoring, automatic deployment and testing frameworks, and etc)
- Ensure quality of implementation and support the feature during testing/bug fixing/user testing phase
- Ensure overall quality of the software (quality of code, performance, security, extensibility, etc.)
- Understands and follows the company’s Software Development Processes
- Authors required documentation (in code and elsewhere)
- Perform code reviews for other team members
Qualities / Attributes of an excellent Senior Software Engineer:
- Proactive and gets the job done!
- Motivated, works without being asked
- Technically strong, has deep understanding of current and future technology
- Has a strong technical “gut feel”, hunches about where problems lie (hunches are more right than wrong!)
- A great team member- Passionate about the team, project and work
- Constant learner, continuous contributor to team IQ level
- Pushing innovation and emerging technologies forward
- Able to interface and communicate effectively with people in other parts of the company
The Senior Engineer will ideally have at least 4-6 years of web application / platform development, have experience starting, completing and supporting SaaS solutions and be able to:
- Identify any gaps in application platform, propose and implement solutions
- Become a key contributor to feature scoping and development estimates. Your projections have a high (90%+) degree of accuracy. You rarely, if ever, miss the due date
- Be responsible for implementation. Senior Engineer is able to code across all levels with ease. Their code is well structured and displays best practices in software development
- Ensure quality of implementation and support of the feature during the testing/bug fixing phase. Senior engineers are proactive about developer testing. They utilize unit tests to ensure the long-term health of their code. Senior engineers have drastically fewer bugs in their code. They are quick to fix issues that come up and know how to help and train others on their team.
- Use engineering know-how and common sense to assess the impact of their work on the platform
- As much as you love the elegance and power of good architecture, your number one focus is delivering software to do the job and you pride yourself on doing that well
- Tackle hard engineering problems with many unknowns, fail fast, find how to get the job done
- Ability to code in C#
- Ability to code in Node.Js (v11+)
- Strong knowledge of database programming: (We primarily use Microsoft Sql Server and MongoDB)
- Knowledge of ASP.Net Core and MVC
- Knowledge of enterprise platforms and tools: (The Microsoft .Net ecosystem)
- Knowledge of frameworks such as React, Mithril, Vue and Express.Js are not required, but equally welcome!
- Knowledge of tools such as: Chef, AWS APIs, NHibernate are huge pluses!
- Knowledge of libraries such as Entity Framework and Dapper, are also not required, but equally welcome!
- Understanding of Web and Client application development
- Big Data / Datawarehouse experience is desired, but not required
In addition to career progression, training and development, and an excellent work/life balance, future Radarians can expect a great benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Transit Discounts
- Summer Fridays
- Compensation will be between $110-130,000 based on experience
At MediaRadar, employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and develop strong relationships with their peers. While working remotely through the pandemic, we've grown closer and stronger by sharing our new home offices & home office coworkers (both human and animal!), as well as being open and discussing mental wellness and self-care during a challenging time. Employees love to connect with virtual happy hours, themed parties, talent shows and bingo nights. Our engaged Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Team meets frequently to create and roll out initiatives, events, and strategies to keep MediaRadar a welcoming and inclusive place. We’ve won Stevie Awards for Client Service and have been named to Mogul’s Best Places for Millennial Women to Work for the past two years.
Check out what it's like to work with our awesome team here: http://muse.cm/1Mt0NCg
Every Radarian comes with a unique set of talents and experiences. Diversity, in all forms, makes us a smarter, more creative and more agile organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you need assistance or an accommodation, you may contact us at HR@mediaradar.com