Do you want to get your foot in the door with a start-up that strives for excellence, where you can be proud of the product you work on and management wants to hear your feedback?
MediaRadar is an industry-changing Software (SaaS) Research tool used by digital and print publishers to help them run their business more profitably. It’s like Bloomberg for the publishing industry. MediaRadar is already used by many of the largest national titles. This includes household names such as ESPN, TIME Inc., Mashable, Vogue, Elle, The Economist, Glamour and Esquire. MediaRadar is growing, and profitable.
We are seeking an Marketing Data Analyst to join our Marketing team in New York City, where you’ll play a vital role in shaping the future of the organization by helping us accelerate growth.
The Marketing team crafts recommendations on how to improve ad sales performance for our clients and the media industry. Our thought leadership work is highly desired in our industry. The Marketing Analyst will be responsible for analyzing MediaRadar data to be used in marketing campaigns and presentations, which will be delivered by our CEO to publishing industry professionals.
To be successful in this role you must be a strategic analytical thinker who is able to do independent analysis and provide recommendations to improve the bottom line. The right candidate must have the ability to tell a story through numbers and create compelling data heavy presentations with an interest in the creative side of marketing.
- Analyze large sets of raw data to determine advertising and publishing industry trends, segment performance and market potential
- Measure and analyze market performance across all media channels – online, print, social media, mobile, etc.
- Uncover insights and stories from data sets and deliver findings to the team
- Create engaging presentations to be delivered by MediaRadar’s executive team
- Generate advertising analysis driven content for MediaRadar.com and other media outlets, including Trend Reports, blog posts, articles, and monthly benchmark Indexes
- Make data driven recommendations and decisions that appeal to the industry
- Manage relationships with vendors and internal teams to ensure data integrity
- Analyze data to distill industry trends and best practices
- Coordinate automation of data tracking and reporting in cooperation with our engineers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Statistics or a related field
- 3+ years of hands on Analyst experience
- Experience working with large databases with proven experience deriving actionable insights from data
- Knowledge of media sales and publishing industries
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Ability to create compelling presentations that “tell a story through numbers”
- Project and time management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Aptitude to work outside of your comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging and stimulating organization
First-rate health insurance, including vision and dental, stock options, 401K, and transit discounts are offered to all employees. Office atmosphere is comfortable, informal and friendly. We’re located just a few blocks from Penn Station, Port Authority and Herald Square.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of a collaborative, creative environment, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Marketing Data Analyst ‘ in the subject line.