For the end of August, Netflix continue to be the number one marketer, with their new show, The Get Down (starring Shameik Moore, Shyrley Rodriguez) receiving the most attention. Here’s the chart and insights.
- Netflix marketed 21 programs the week of Aug 21. This was more than anyone else, and on more websites and networks. What’s interesting however is that average marketing investment, per show, is also higher than the competition.
- “The Get Down” is a new show that celebrates the origins of hip hop. It premiered on Netflix on Aug 12. Marketing is highly targeted. For example, more than half the campaign investment went to MTV and VH1.
- OTT networks concentrate their buying online to advertise their shows. This may because few broadcast networks will allow their ads during primetime. When was the last time you saw CBS programming marketed on NBC?
- Netflix is actively marketing their Emmy nominated shows, even coming up with custom spots to support them. There’s a very fun spot for “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” that received the most investment this week. The Emmy’s air on Sep 18, so we expect to see more of this!
- Amazon Prime Video was mostly dark. “The Man in the High Castle” had the widest circulation, but it was a quiet week for Amazon programming.
- Motor Trend on Demand and Carbon TV are the second and third OTT providers that marketed the most shows. Carbon TV is especially interesting, since they offer niche programming – targeting the outdoor market. They are marketing 7 unique shows.
MediaRadar revolutionizes the way ad sales teams do business. This innovative SaaS tool streamlines communication, delivers advanced analytics and quickly identifies new business opportunities. Through a customized intuitive dashboard, clients easily view analytics and actionable advertising insights for over 2.6 million brands. Instantly receive insights that combine TV and print with digital analysis, including new ad formats like online video, mobile, and native. MediaRadar can also pinpoint new business and determine revenue potential. It also helps sales reps plan their pipeline and prioritize the most important points to pitch. This amazing service eliminates the guesswork, so ad execs can focus their time pitching. MediaRadar is a cross-platform solution that is constantly innovating with the ad tech landscape. No longer is it necessary to piece together information from multiple tech products to build a pitch; ad teams can get all their information with ONE tool.