You are a passionate process geek with a background in development and implementation of products and/or process quality. An influencer by nature, you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and have been successful both working independently and as part of a team.
The Process Improvement Manager is a newly created position that will play a crucial role as a key member of our Operations team. Reporting into the Director of Operations, this person will develop internal processes and metrics to ensure quality, on-time delivery, and competitive cost structures for applicable product modules. Using Lean methodologies, the Process Improvement Manager will define and improve our production process from start to finish.
The Process Improvement Manager will:
- Improve production processes for inventory, data intake, data management, and other product modules
- Create and monitor metrics regarding quality, throughput, and capacity
- Develop and maintain effective standard work, work instructions and quality check points
- Create and implement continuous improvement activities to improve product and process quality, delivery and cost using Lean and Six Sigma methods
- Lead root cause and corrective action activities to resolve process issues
- Responsible for development and execution of process improvement strategies and process control mechanisms
- Analyze data streams to identify potential opportunities for process improvement
- Define and lead engineering projects to improve product quality, process capability and overall delivery/cost performance
- Define and implement process documentation including work and reference manuals, process specifications, quality control criteria, etc.
- Incorporate the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools and methods in team activities and business problem solving
- Ensure customer satisfaction through process improvement programs
- Manage the Quality and Training team, specifically regarding the above requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- A BS in Engineering or other technical degree
- A minimum of 3 years of equivalent work experience focusing on quality and/or process engineering functions
- 2+ years of experience with direct responsibility for the development and implementation of products and/or process quality
- Viewed as a technical expert in Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- Ability to demonstrate solid understandings of statistical methods and their application to product or process engineering
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of a collaborative, creative environment, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Process Improvement Manager’ in the subject line.