In keeping with our mission to provide comprehensive advertising analysis, MediaRadar puts together a report of the most important mergers and acquisitions news each week. Stay in the loop, whether you sell advertising space or focus on business development.
This week, WebMD strengthens with the acquisition of StayWell, OpenText acquires XMedius Solutions and Nasdaq pairs its EVestment Inc. with Solovis.
WebMD acquires StayWell
WebMD Health, an Internet Brands company and leader in health information services, has acquired the StayWell company.
StayWell delivers employee and patient engagement solutions to over 4 million employees, over 1,500 health institutions, and 8 of the 10 largest health payers in the U.S. This acquisition allows WebMD to strengthen its offerings to provide well-being solutions and education to even more employees, patients, and clients.
Bob Brisco, WebMD CEO, says “This transaction will enable our organizations to deliver even more powerful customer solutions that can improve health, lower health risks, and reduce healthcare costs.”
OpenText gains XMedius Solutions
OpenText has acquired XMedius Solutions, a global leader in the field of secure enterprise communications solutions, for $75 million.
XMedius has over 50,000 installations worldwide and strengthens OpenText’s portfolio with its secure file exchange software unified communications products. OpenText provides a large variety of solutions ranging from enterprise management software to analytics, digital process automation and security.
OpenText also recently purchased Carbonite for $1.42 billion, showing that they are capable of shelling out large sums of money for strategic acquisitions. These acquisitions continue to support OpenText’s growth and will give the company even more leverage over its competitors.
Nasdaq expands its fintech portfolio with Solovis
Nasdaq, Inc. has acquired Solovis, a privately-held institutional investment fintech company.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Solovis will be paired with Nasdaq’s EVestment Inc. to deliver investment data, portfolio analytics and monitoring, and reporting tools across public and private markets.
The addition of Solovis is a strategic step to further boost Nasdaq’s ability to better serve the 600+ institutional investors that already rely on EVestment, as well as the greater investment community. For Solovis, the deal is an opportunity to assist managers in making better informed investment decisions with more robust data and analytics.
In Other News
These are some other notable deals and developments from the past week:
- Professional services firm Aon plc announced that it has agreed to acquire rival Willis Towers Watson for $30 billion in stock, making it the largest M&A deal of the year so far worldwide. The deal is expected to close in the first half of 2021.
- John WIley & Sons has acquired Madgex, a provider of advanced job board software and career center services, strengthening their recruitment services.
- PepsiCo Inc. agreed to buy energy-drink producer Rockstar Inc. for $3.85 billion.
- CVS Pharmacy, Inc., the country’s largest pharmacy chain, is buying the retail and specialty pharmacy business of Schnuck Markets, a midwestern grocery store with 110 pharmacies.
- Nvidia Corporation announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire SwiftStack Inc., an object storage software company. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but SwiftStack has recently raised $23.6 million in private funding.
- Sports retailer Modell’s Sporting Goods has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and announced that it will close all of its 153 stores after being in the business for more than 130 years.