Last Updated 12/15/2021
Information MediaRadar Collects
Depending on the circumstances, if you utilize MediaRadar Services, and which Service you use, we may collect, obtain or otherwise acquire the below types of Personal Information about you, and may make and retain inferences drawn from such information. To be clear, the Personal Information we may collect, obtain or otherwise acquire within the identified categories is limited to business contact information and product usage. No sensitive personal information (i.e., Social Security number, passport number, medical information, etc.) is collected, shared, disclosed, or sold by MediaRadar.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
1. Identifiers such as Name, business address, business email address, business telephone number, publicly visible social media profiles (i.e. LinkedIn).
2. Professional or Employment-related Information such as employer, job title, role(s), brands/clients worked on, media format(s) worked on, employer and job title history, as well as City, State, Country, time zone, latitude and longitude data of the business/office where the contact is employed.
3. Commercial Information such as Products and services purchased, date of purchase.
4. For users of the MediaRadar site and products, IP address, date and time of visits, pages viewed, links to/from any page.
Please note that Personal Information as defined in the CCPA does not include the following: (i) publicly available information, as that term is defined in the CCPA; (ii) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; or (iii) information otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
Sources from which Personal Information is Collected
1. Information from publicly visible social media profiles, company websites, or news articles
2. Personal Information You Provide. We often receive Personal Information because you provide it to us. For instance, when you fill out a web form, purchase a Product, register and/or set up an account/profile, attend a MediaRadar webinar, etc. In addition, we may acquire your Personal Information when you interact with us via Email or Telephone
3. If you are utilizing one of our products, we may collect product usage Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies.
4. Confirmation from trusted third parties. In some cases, colleagues or marketing partners may confirm a portion of a media buyer or planner’s MediaRadar profile, including confirming which types of media or brands a professional works on.
Purposes for Collection of Personal Information
MediaRadar used or disclosed the Personal Information we collected for one or more of the following business purposes and objectives within the last 12 months:
- To directly respond to your requests or inquiries or to otherwise meet the reason for which you provided the information.
- For our internal operational and administrative purposes, maintaining and servicing your account with us, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling your orders and transactions with us, verifying your information, allowing you to login to your account, and internal business functions such as forecasting.
- For auditing, security, debugging, maintaining the quality and safety of our services, and service performance purposes.
- To measure traffic and usage activity on our Site for purposes of improving and enhancing the functionality of our Site, to look for possible fraudulent activity, and to better understand the sources of traffic on our Site.
- To provide personalized and streamlined information across related pages on our Site by identifying whether you have visited specific pages on our Site.
- To undertake internal research and development of our Services.
- To undertake activities to verify and maintain the quality of our Services and the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of MediaRadar Contacts service.
- To be included in the MediaRadar Contacts service which we license to Our customers. This information is only available to paying clients and is never made public. We license the data primarily to media companies to help our clients connect with media buyers and advertising agencies.
- To comply with law, legal process, and internal policies and to exercise and defend legal claims.
- As described to you before or at the time of collection of your Personal Information, or as otherwise permissible under the CCPA.
Sharing and Selling
Disclosures for a Business Purpose
We share Personal Information with the following categories of service providers or third parties:
- Service providers who provide us with critical services such as web hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure (such as cloud computing), customer service, email delivery, security and other auditing, advertising or marketing, and similar services.
- Affiliates and contractors, and similar affiliated entities or individuals.
Categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed for business purposes within the last 12 months include all noted in the “Information MediaRadar Collects” section above.
Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information and the Right to Opt-Out
In order to provide our business-to-business MediaRadar Contacts service, we make available to our paying customers the Personal Information of all who have a profile in the MediaRadar Contacts database.
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information in a manner that may be considered a “sale” as defined in the CCPA: Identifiers and Professional or Employment-related Information. Further details can be found in the “Information MediaRadar Collects” section above.
For avoidance of doubt, the personal information disclosed and/or sold by MediaRadar within the identified categories is limited to business contact information related to a consumer’s profile. No sensitive personal information (i.e. Social Security number, passport number, medical information, financial account information, a Consumers precise geolocation, a Consumers race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious and philosophical beliefs, etc.) is collected, shared, disclosed, or sold by MediaRadar. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
You may opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information on a going-forward basis by clicking the button below. You may also opt-out by following the process described in the “Exercising Your Rights” section, below.
Your CCPA Rights
The CCPA provides California consumers with several individual rights with respect to Personal Information. Note that these rights apply to individual consumers, not to Companies. This section describes those rights in detail and provides information on how to exercise those rights.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of the rights described in this section, please contact us at Privacy@MediaRadar.com or by calling (888) 908-2388 with (i) a complete description of your request, including the specific right(s) you wish to exercise and (ii) sufficient information about you to confirm that your request is a verifiable customer request, including at a minimum your name and email address. Once we have received your verifiable consumer request, we will respond consistent with applicable law.
Access and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of Personal Information within the last 12 months including
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you
- The categories of sources of Personal Information we have collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about that consumer (also called a data portability request).
Once we have received your verifiable request, as per CCPA, we will respond with the requested information within 45 business days of receiving the request. Please note that CCPA limits consumers to two requests per year.
You have the right to request that any information we have in your profile that is not correct be corrected. In order to do so, please provide the correct information when making this request.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Information
You have the right to direct us not to sell your Personal Information on a going-forward basis. Please click the button labeled DO NOT SELL MY INFO in the section titled “Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information and the Right to Opt-Out”, above, to manage your opt-out preferences with respect to this right.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We may not delete certain information so long as it enables us to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that a consumer requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with that consumer, or otherwise perform our contract with that consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Ensure future compliance with CCPA.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA, subject to certain limitations. Please note that we reserve the right to offer you certain financial incentives as permitted by the CCPA that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting us.
If you currently have access to MediaRadar for Agencies and Brands utilizing the financial incentive by providing the data necessary to create and maintain your profile in MediaRadar Contacts and exercise your CCPA rights you may waive your financial incentive. Access to MediaRadar for Agencies and Brands can still be granted, but without the financial incentive.
Changes to this CCPA Policy
We reserve the right to amend this CCPA Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this CCPA Policy, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the CCPA Policy effective date at the top of the page. By accessing or using the Site and/or the Services, you acknowledge that you have read this CCPA Policy and, to the extent it applies to you, that you agree to the practices described in this CCPA Policy.