You are a training professional who is also a bit of a data nerd. You’re technically savvy, resourceful and a pro at instructional design and development. You’re looking for an opportunity to help a growing software company take their sales training function to the next level.
Our Sales Trainer is the first point of contact for newly recruited sales professionals on our rapidly growing Sales Team. Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Sales Trainer will develop curriculum and deliver process training that aligns with business objectives and enhances performance quality. The training manager will have a deep understanding of our business process and product and work closely with subject matter experts to continuously improve the course content and deliver results.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years in a sales training capacity either inside or outside sales
- At least 2 years of experience in a quota carrying sales position
- Ideally 3 years in a software sales (SaaS) capacity. Either a sales training role or a full on sales position
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally with an emphasis on Adult Learning Concepts, Training, and/or Education
- Experience with creating a teaching curriculum oriented toward sales professionals that led to proven results (product reviews, sales pitches, objection navigation, consultative sales approaches, deadlines, follow up)
- Results driven and target oriented
- Strong communication and coaching skills a must
- Strong facilitation / presentation skills required – WebEx
- Knowledge and experience of Sales and Account Management will be essential to success
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environment of a start-up and a continuously changing product
- Ability to work independently. Strong sense of initiative and self-motivated
- Attend in person meetings and WebEx meetings with sales reps on regular basis to assess ongoing progress and identify need for additional training
- Determine training needs by traveling with sales reps, observing sales encounters, studying sales results, conferring with managers
- Determine training needs by traveling with account managers, observing client relationships, studying performance results, conferring with manager
- Create quarterly Individual Development Plans (IDPs) with VP of Sales to foster growth and development for sales reps
- Discover external training courses for Sales and Account Management to attend to build skills
- Course Horse and General Assembly are great resources for this
- Many courses pertaining to sales skills, negotiation skills, presentation skills, etc.
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques
- Create monthly team training sessions
Key Knowledge and Experience:
- Media, Advertising, and Publishing Industry knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of learning and development principles including familiarity with adult learning theory, instructional design, and technology based learning, skill development and process design.
- Quantifiable experience with classroom training, e-learning, and one-on-one direction preferably within a tech, sales, or media environment
- Confident in ability and desire to create training materials for new products
- Experience role playing sales calls, cold calling, customer interaction scenarios, and negotiations
Development Tools Qualifications:
- Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel
- WebEx, Salesforce, CRM Experience
- Google Docs
- Snagit, Prezi, Cam Studio
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of a collaborative, creative environment, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please include ‘Sales Trainer’ in the subject line.